Saturday 12 March 2016

Guilty Secrets is finally out! A love story set in the years just after Waterloo with a hero who can't get over the effects of the war. It also features a beautiful girl and her sister who need to be rescued from their thoroughly wicked father and stepmother with her vicious boyfriend. Adam, our hero, rescues the girls, but our story has just begun. He's a Tory and she's a Whig, and they must not only learn to tolerate each others politics, but to embrace the love in their hearts. Then there's a kidnapping, a fatal fall, and lots of action before are heroine is safe.

Here's an excerpt, the beginning of the book.


“Beside my desire to wed you, it is really the perfect solution for you. No one can touch you or force you in any way if you are the Marchioness of Beaufort. I had hoped to court you properly, but that also is unimportant now. I will get a special license and we can be wed tomorrow. Your father will not be able to figure out where you are in time to stop us.”
Corry’s face was a delight to see. Her expression changed from sheer incredulity, to a dawning of belief in his sincerity, to the realization that this would indeed offer her safety.
“Your sister of course will live with us, under my special protection. I’m sure I can get the Regent to appoint me her guardian. I think my name should be enough to withstand any attempts of your father to get her back. If not, we will all go traveling until she reaches her majority.”
Still Corry said not a word, although he could tell her mind was working furiously.
“You cannot love me,” she finally said flatly. 
 Adam smiled faintly, his mouth quivering. Trust her bright

mind to turn to the most important thing to some females."


You can find Guilty Secrets at Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, MuseItUp, and all the usual places. And of course at my website, www.jeanhartstewart.com

No comments: